Dealing with hair loss is frustrating, but you can find a good natural hair loss remedy to help you cure hair loss and have the beautiful hair that you want so much. If you are wary of medications and chemical laden cures, there are many natural cures that can be used to help you stop hair loss for good. Here’s a look at hair loss, the causes, symptoms, and some of the best hair loss remedies available today.
Hair Loss Definition
Hair loss is something that occurs normally each day to some extent. However, medical hair loss, or excessive hair loss is a problem that goes beyond the typical loss of a few hairs on a daily basis. This can include excessive loss of hair or thinning of the hair that is unusual. If you are not sure why you are losing your hair, it can be a good idea to see your doctor, since hair loss can be a symptom of various diseases.
Hair Loss Causes
There are a variety of different things that can cause hair loss to occur and before you try hair loss remedies, it’s a good idea to know what could be causing your problem. In many cases, hormonal issues can cause hair loss to occur. In some cases an illness can lead to hair loss or times of great stress. Fungal infections can also be a cause of hair loss. Underlying diseases, such as diabetes and even lupus can cause hair loss as well.
Additional causes of hair loss include:
- Lack of vitamins (specially vitamin B6 and folic acid) in diet
- Inadequate nutrition and improper diet
- Stress, worry, anxiety, and sudden shock
- Heredity factors
- Prolonged Illness (like typhoid, syphilis, chronic cold, influenza, and anaemia)
- Unclean condition of the scalp
- Poor blood circulation
Medications or supplements that may also lead to hair loss include:
- vitamin A
- blood thinners
- birth control pills
Hair Loss Symptoms
The symptoms of hair loss can at times be difficult to recognize. For some people, hair loss occurs over time. Hair may begin to thin out, which takes quite a bit of time and it may not even be noticed for some time. In other cases, excessive shedding can be a symptom of hair loss or when large clumps of hair begin to come out. With inherited hair loss, usually the symptoms are the loss of hair on the top of the head, the forehead, and the front of the hairline.
Natural Hair Loss Remedy
If you’re looking for a natural hair loss remedy, you’ll find that there are several to choose from. Try some of the following remedies to help cure hair loss.
- Use aloe vera on your hair and scalp. Massage it into the hair and the scalp. Allow it to sit on the hair for about half an hour and then rinse it off with warm water. You can do this about 3 times each week to help slow down hair loss.
- Saw Palmetto – One of the herbal remedies you can use for hair loss is saw palmetto. It can be taken as a pill or it can be used topically in the form of a shampoo. It helps to influence enzyme production and testosterone production, which is why it seems to make an excellent treatment for hair loss.
- Rosemary and sage can be used together to help stimulate the growth of hair. You can purchase shampoos that include it or you can make your own by boiling together sage and rosemary, adding soap, and making your own shampoo. They are good for the scalp because they stimulate the hair follicles and both work as astringents.
- Massage your scalp vigorously in a circular motion using coconut oil and then rinse. This improves circulation, which makes the hair grow, while the coconut oil soothes and protects the hair with natural oil and minerals.
- Good Hair Habits – Good hair habits can be used as a great natural hair loss remedy as well. Avoid using water that is too hot when washing, avoid shampooing too often, and avoid brushing your hair too much. Massaging the scalp can also be helpful, since it helps to stimulate the circulation of blood to the area.
- Egg Yolk Massage- apply uncooked egg yolk to your scalp, keep in for one hour, then rinse. Do this every other day. This practice may not necessarily encourage hair growth but does reduce hair loss.
To address possible nutritional causes, try these strategies:
- Get adequate protein – Protein is needed by every cell in your body including the cells that make the hair. Without adequate protein, the cells in your body don’t work efficiently and can’t make new hair to replace old hair that’s been shed.
- Maintain iron level -. Iron-deficiency or anemia can also cause hair loss so make sure that you eat a well-balanced diet that includes a daily serving or two of iron-rich foods. Good sources of iron include lean red meat, steamed clams, cream of wheat, tofu and broccoli.
- Take vitamin B6 – Add 100 milligrams a day of vitamin B6 to your diet this seems to decrease hair-shedding in some people. Caution do not take any more than that without consulting a doctor larger amounts can be toxic, especially over a prolonged time.