Home remedies for body odor can bring an enormous measure of relief to those who have tried other expensive or unsuccessful remedies. While there are millions of lotions and potions that exist to eliminate unpleasant smells, home remedies for body odor are the best way to address this condition as they often address the cause of the odors, which can create better health overall.
Body Odor Definition
While everyone exudes an unappealing odor from time to time, those in need of home remedies for body odor regularly emit a foul smell that makes it unpleasant to be in their presence.
Body Odor Causes
Normally caused by bacteria that, when mixed with perspiration, becomes malodorous, a person with a body odor issue may also experience other causes, such as:
- Liver disease
- Fungal infections
- Kidney disease
- Reaction from certain medications
- Zinc deficiency
- Poor diet
- Poor hygiene
Body Odor Symptoms
The symptoms of problem body odor are obvious even when a person practices good hygiene. For this reason, it is important that home remedies for body odor are realized and implemented soon thereafter. Bad body odor can cause serious social issues and result in a loss of healthy self-esteem for individuals plagued by it.
Home Remedies for Body Odor
Home remedies for body odor include regular bathing and practicing healthy hygiene. When odor persists, however, the following natural remedies may be useful:
- Using antibacterial soap when bathing or showering
- Regularly wiping away sweat from armpits and groin areas on hot days
- Wiping sweat prone areas with lavender, alcohol, or apple cider vinegar to kill offending bacteria
- Applying either rosemary oil, baking soda or tea tree oil is also helpful in stabilizing odor producing bacteria under arms and on feet
- Avoiding processed foods, white flour, processed sugar (and sugar substitutes), fatty foods and red meat (red meat leaves toxins in the blood, which can produce body odor)
- Avoid garlic before social engagements
- Avoid alcohol
Food and herbal remedies for body odor are highly effective in combating this embarrassing condition. Specific food and herbal remedies for body odor include:
- High fiber diets (fruits, leafy green vegetables, and lean meats)
- Wheat germ (high in zinc, which is quite useful when a person is deficient in zinc)
- Drink lots of water in order to flush odor-inducing toxins from organs, including skin
By practicing good hygiene and routine dietary changes, home remedies for body odor can dramatically change a person’s life. Natural cures and home remedies are always preferable to over the counter applications or even prescription medications as they are commonly available and support good general health without the risk of side effects. If it is suspected that offensive body odor is accompanied by other unusual symptoms or believed to be caused by a serious ailment or disease, it is important to seek medical attention for a proper diagnosis of its cause.