Gout remedies are available today if you are dealing with gout. Gout can be very painful, and no doubt you want to find out what you can do to eliminate this problem. There are home remedies available that you can easily use at home to take care of this problem. Here is a look at gout, its causes, symptoms, and some of the best herbal gout remedies that you can use from home.
Before we take a good look at the gout remedies available, it’s a good idea to know what exactly gout is. Gout happens to be a disease that occurs when there is too much uric acid within your body. This causes urate crystals to be deposited in other tissues throughout the body, and particularly in the joints. This can cause inflammation of the joints and dealing with gout on a regular basis can lead to deposits of uric acid round joints which destroys the joints. It can also cause kidney stones to occur and can decrease the function of the kidneys.
Wondering what causes gout? Well, gout occurs when you generate too much uric acid in the body. It can also occur when the body doesn’t get rid of the uric acid the way that it should. Genetics can play a part, increasing your chances by about 20%. Taking in alcohol on a regular basis can increase the chances of getting gout, as can eating a diet that includes a lot of oily fish, red meat, and yeast. In some cases medications, chemotherapy, IV contrast dyes, dehydration, and trauma have been known to change the levels of uric acid in the body, causing gout to occur as well.
Before you try any of the gout home remedy options, it’s a good idea to know the symptoms to look for so you don’t treat the wrong problem. One of the first symptoms to show up with gout is a joint that becomes swollen, red, and hot. Usually the first joint to get affected is the joint in the big toe. In most cases the gout attack will only affect one or two joints; however, if you continue to have episodes of gout, it can involve multiple joints as well.
Symptoms of Gout include:
- Rapid severe pain in the big toe is the most common gout symptom.
- The affected joints can become very tender and swollen, and can feel warm.
- The skin on the joint turns reddish.
- Most painful attacks last a few hours to a few days. In rare cases, it can last weeks.
- Some people experience other illness symptoms such as fever or chills, and an increased heartbeat.
- The inflammation from the uric crystals can lead to bursitis.
The good news is that there are multiple natural remedies and home cures for gout. Here is a look at some of the home remedies you may want to try if you’re dealing with gout.
- Cherry – Cherries happen to be one of the best remedies to help you cure gout. You should eat about 20 cherries throughout the day to help combat the gout. It’s usually best to eat fresh cherries.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – This is another of the gout remedies you may want to try. Boil rose hips and apple cider vinegar. Then dab on the joints that are affected. This will help to dissolve the crystals so they can be excreted from the body.
- Red Clover – This is one of the more common natural remedies for gout. IT helps to remove toxins from the body and can help to dissolved the deposits of uric acid. However, those who are on blood thinners should consult with a doctor before taking this.
- Bananas – consume 2-3 bananas every day. Bananas are rich in minerals like phosphorus, which react with the uric deposits helping to dissolve the crystals.
- Vitamin C – some evidence suggests that vitamin C may help reduce uric acid levels
Food, beverages or supplements to avoid if you have gout:
- Avoid alcoholic beverages – alcohol impairs the body’s ability to dissolve the uric acid.
- Avoid niacin supplements – because it reduces total cholesterol, low density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides while it increases high density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL). Elevated uric acid levels have occurred with niacin therapy.
- Avoid sugary soft drinks– Men who consumed two or more servings of sugary drinks per day had an 85% greater risk of developing gout. This includes fruit juices high in fructose such as apple or orange juice.
A sound approach to Health Awareness is the best method of controlling Gout. Remember to Keep it simple: Breathe well, Eat right and Sleep good.