Salt is a basic commodity inside most kitchens and is a primary ingredient in most every dish but has a reputation as being harmful to your health. Sea salt on the other hand has attracted a lot of attention as of late as a nutritional supplement. It is a pure form of salt and is known best for its anti-clumping characteristics as well as medicinal properties.
Sea Salt Nutrition Benefits
Sea salt has ample nutritional benefits in comparison to the normal table salt. The basic difference between sea salt and normal salt is that sea salt is generated by evaporation of sea water, which includes small amounts of minerals and elements in it. These minerals add to the specific different color of sea salt. The ordinary table salt comes from underground salt deposits and includes no other minerals or special elements. There are many varieties of sea salt available and people purchase them according to their specific preferences.
The main component of sea salt and table salt is same, consisting of sodium chloride. Still, sea salt is a natural and healthy alternative. The main difference between regular salt and sea salt is the taste, processing and texture. The importance of minerals in your diet can not be neglected. Iodine is added to table salt for preventing thyroid disease. Sea Salt has the basic importance of adding various minerals to your diet.
Sea Salt Health Benefits
Due to its high nutritional value, sea salt offers many health benefits, which include the following:
- Sea salt contains additional minerals, and the conjugation with these minerals helps you to maintain normal blood pressure levels. If taken in the right amount, sea salt helps in limiting high blood pressure, and bringing it back to normal.
- It is one of the home remedies for stabilization of an irregular heartbeat.
- Sea salt is a strong antihistamine, which means that it is used to control asthma in human body.
- It has strong antiseptic properties.
- It extracts excess acidity from cells, specifically the brain cells.
- Sea salt is a strong anti-stress agent. It can assist in the treatment of psychological disorders, like depression, mood swings etc. It also maintains melatonin, tryptamine and serotonin levels in brain, which are essential for prohibiting depression.
- Sea salt is helpful in prevention and treatment of cancer. When body is hydrated and salt expands the blood circulation volume for getting to all body parts, oxygen and immune cells reach the cancer containing tissue and destroy it.
- It is a way to maintain sugar levels and reduces the need for insulin.
- Sea salt helps in sleep regulation.
Sea Salt Precaution
As such, there are no precautions to be taken for sea salt consumption. It should be taken in appropriate quantities because excessive amounts of salt are harmful to the body – especially if you suffer from hypertension. It should be consumed in an adequate but moderate amount in food. Salt is deliquescent in nature and has the property of attracting water molecules – and when it becomes wet it forms clumps. Proper care should be taken for keeping and storing it. Adding 5-10 rice grains inside a salt bottle can be helpful for absorbing moisture, and reducing the chances of clumping.