1. Add Lavender flowers to shortbread and ice cream recipes.
2. Use Kelp, Wakame, and other seaweed fronds in soups.
3. Grind Cardamom or Cacao Nibs with your coffee beans and brew for a unique treat.
4. Make your own Vanilla Extract using Vanilla Beans and Vodka or Rum.
5. Add Lemon and Orange peel to muffins and scones for a zesty flavor. (Love this herb information)
6. Use Cinnamon sticks in coffee or black tea drinks as a stir stick.
7. Make homemade Chai with Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, Cardamom, Vanilla, and Black Pepper.
8. Freeze Rose petals in ice cubes and add to your iced tea.
9. Add Basil, Oregano, and Rosemary to omelets and tofu scrambles.
10. Mix Pumpkin Pie Spice into cream cheese for a delicious bagel spread.
11. Sprinkle Smoked Sea Salt on cream based pasta dishes with heirloom tomatoes.
12. Mix Chilies into cornbread recipes for a spicy kick.
13. Macemay be added to barbeque rubs and marinades for a bold flavor.
14. Use Stevia instead of sugar to sweeten tea, coffee, and baked goods.
15. Add Juniper Berries to meat, tofu, or tempeh marinades.
16. Use whole Mustard seeds in salad dressings, marinades, or make homemade mustards.
17. Add Lemongrass to curries and soups.
19. Infuse local honey with Lavender, Rosemary, Thyme, Rose Petals, Ginger, Sage, or Red Chili Peppers.
20. Grind fresh Nutmeg on pies, crisps, squash soups, and eggnog.
21. Use Marjoram in oil and vinegar salad dressings.
22. Sprinkle a few crystals of Himalayan Pink Salt on homemade chocolate truffles.
23. Galangal gives an earthy, yet spicy ginger-like note to soups and sauces.
24. Add Chinese 5 Spice to your vegetable stir fries for a spicy and warming meal.
26. Use Fenugreek in curries and in flatbreads.
27. Add Anise seeds to biscotti for a traditional treat.
28. Make your own flavored vodka by soaking Black Peppercorns, Cacao Nibs, or Rosemary.
29. rel=”nofollow”Fennel Seed is a classic sausage spice and common in Mediterranean bread recipes.
30. Add Caraway seeds to savory breads and soups.
31. Infuse Licorice root and add to teas and ice creams for a natural sweetness.
32. Add Chervil to vegetables, potatoes, and egg dishes.
33. Brew roasted Chicory Root as a coffee substitute or add one part to five parts of coffee.
34. Garnish omelets with Chives or mix with Garlic and add to dips and spreads.
35. Use Cilantro in Mexican dishes, Thai and Indian curries, or Vietnamese Phá”.
36. Infuse Lemon balm and add to iced tea.
37. Add Coriander seed to curries, masala, pickles, and in barbeque rubs.
38. Use Dill Weed in sour cream and yogurt based dips. A great complement to seafood too.
39. Use Savory when cooking beans and lentils for extra flavor.
40. Add ground Cinnamon to smoothies and shakes.
41. Infuse Lemon Verbena and add to ice tea, ice creams, and cheesecake recipes.
42. Use Turmeric in curries, tofu scrambles, and rice recipes.
43. Red Pepper flakes and Italian Seasoning to spice up pizza, pasta, and calzones
44. Use Celery Seed in stuffing recipes, creamy soups, blue cheeses, and seafood.
45. Thyme on roasted vegetables, meat rubs, and stews.
46. Incorporate Smoked Paprika into barbeque rubs and savory sauces.
47. Add Sage leaves to gravies, sauces, and soups.
48. Incorporate Rosemary and Garlic into homemade bread, rolls, or scones for a savory delight.
49. Add Mint to fruit sorbet and ice cream recipes.
50. Sprinkle Rosemary, Lemon Peel, and fresh ground Pepper onto fish or tofu and bake.
More Herb Information
The following articles contain herb information that is similar to this article, 50 Ways To Spice Up Your Life: