Detoxification is essential to the healing process. In today’s world with our modern diet, pollution and medications, each of us has an abundance of toxins in our bodies and it is simply a matter of time before it breaks down.
Just like sweeping your floors and cleaning your bathrooms, the human body needs to be cleaned, too. Through body detoxification, or “body detox,” we can achieve an “internal cleansing” which will improve our overall health and well being; not to mention you will look great!
So how do you know when your body needs to be detoxed? Good QuestionÖ.take a minute to answer the list of questions below:
- feel tired, sluggish, or lethargic?
- have difficulty concentrating or staying focused or have poor memory?
- crave or eat sugar?
- go for more than one day without having a bowel movement?
- feel bloated or gassy after meals or suffer from indigestion/acid reflux?
- exercise at least every other day?
- usually drink less than three cups of water a day?
- experience recurring yeast infections?
- have arthritic aches and pains or stiffness?
- take prescription medications, sedatives or stimulants?
- experience frequent headaches?
- have bad breath or excessive body odor?
- experience depression?
- have food allergies or skin problems like eczema, acne, or psoriasis?
- eat fast food, fatty foods, pre-prepared foods, processed or fried foods more than three times a week?
- drink processed coffees and colas during the day?
- usually eat meat two times or more a day?
- smoke cigarettes every day or spend time regularly around other smokers?
- catch colds easily?
And, finally, are you overweight?
If you answered yes to three or more of the above questions, it is likely time for that detoxification program to be taken seriously!
And if you answered yes to three or more of the above questions, you are likely experiencing some of the symptoms listed below.
What are the symptoms associated with a body experiencing toxic overload?
- Feeling tired, sluggish, lethargic
- Trouble concentrating and staying focused
- Joint pain
- Catch colds easy
- Trouble sleeping
- Bad breath
- Unpleasant body odor
- Frequent gas, bloating, indigestion or acid reflux
- Allergies and/or food sensitivities
- Skin problems like acne, psoriasis, eczema
- Constipation and other gastrointestinal irregularities
- Depression, Mood changes, Irritability
- Recurrent respiratory problems
- Back pain
- Sinus congestion allergies
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Weight gain or loss
- Persistent constipation
- Candida infection
- Intestinal parasites
So, how do you detox?
I know the thought of detoxing your body is perhaps a bit intimidating to some, but when you know how to properly detox you will find that it is safer and easier than you might have thought. Detoxing your body will add to your vitality and will possibly even save your life. BUT, a word of caution, if you go about it the wrong way, detoxing can make you really sick.
The doctor that is currently guiding me (click here to learn more about my experiene), Dr. James Chappell has outlined 3 Detox plans that can support detoxification for anyone looking to improve their health, heal disease and slow down the aging process, click here now to learn more.
Emotional detoxification is equally as important as physical detoxification. To truly move through the healing process one needs to shift their mindset, emotionally and physically detox as well as provide your body with the appropriate nutrients to heal.
One of the most popular detox methods involves
cleansing with herbal fiber. Fiber makes a great colon cleanse because it expands within the G.I. tract
to collect waste and toxins as it passes through the body. Herbal fiber supplements take the cleansing a
step further by incorporating soothing and stimulating herbal blends.